I just wanted to wish students across this great land a very happy and safe school year. Remember a few things:
- Despite what you may think, yes, we parents look forward to this time of year. We love you, but this is when OUR vacation begins!
- Don't be afraid to disagree (RESPECTFULLY) with those who want you to be good little brownshirts. We, as loving parents, will back you. Don't sell out your principles.
- When eating in the cafeteria, follow the "golden rule" of cafeteria food: If you can't identify it, don't eat it. Icky things are usually covered in gravy.
- Make friends with as many geeks as possible. They may be signing your paycheck one day.
- Self-esteem follows success, not the other way around. Strive for the top.
- Have a great year!