Thursday, June 18, 2009

Barnes, Noble, and Hope

Image representing Barnes & Noble as depicted ...

Today was the first day of my son's summer school class. Being that I had three hours to kill until he was done, I went to Barnes and Noble, a store I have always loved. Books are good brain food.

I immediately went to the political section hoping to score a copy of "Common Sense" by Glenn Beck or maybe even "Fleeced" by Dick Morris. My disappointment quickly turned to delight when neither book was to be found. I imagined the empty shelf space filled with the likes of Beck, Morris, Hannity, O'Reilly, and Goldberg. None of these authors were to be found; they were sold out. Of course if I had wanted a book of pictures of Barry and Michelle, there were plenty of copies of those to be had. In fact, some books about Barry were already in the bargain section. I laughed out loud. How refreshing!

Of course, the Starbucks inside was filled with your mushheaded latte lappers discussing political issues. It is a conservative nightmare to see what may one day be in charge of this country once again.

Since I couldn't secure "Atlas Shrugged", I settled for "Anthem" by Ayn Rand. I'll let everyone know how it was when I'm finished.

Hope springs eternal; at least at Barnes and Noble. Can't wait to go back. Maybe I'll take Ayn out for coffee.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: