Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Obama's 80's trip to Pakistan?

I love talk radio. My husband says it makes his ears hurt, but I love it. I have my routine every morning: boot up computer, go out to have a smoke, make cappuccino, and turn on Quinn and Rose (XM Channel 158 6-9 a.m. Eastern Time). A predictable morning, but it works for me.

Today, Quinn was reading a story about Obama making a trip to Pakistan in the early 80's (I didn't catch the author; caffeine hadn't kicked in). The question being raised was this: What nation issued his passport? The three choices were the U.S., Britain, and Indonesia. From here on out, I'm paraphrasing to give you the gist of the story.

1. If Obama had an American passport, he would NOT have been able to travel to Pakistan in the early 80's. Pakistan was on the "no travel" list put out by the State Department.

2. If he held a British passport, it could be perceived that he obtained it by being born in Kenya (formerly under British rule). For a long time now, we have heard that he WAS born in Kenya (I believe his paternal grandmother made this comment; could be wrong). Also, if he was truly born in Hawaii, why spend millions for lawyers to fight the revelation of his birth certificate? Much cheaper and faster to just produce the darned thing.

3. If he held an Indonesian passport, that means that citizenship had to be renounced. Wouldn't that make him ineligible for the office he now holds? We know he spent part of his childhood in Indonesia, a country with a HUGE Muslim population. Was citizenship renouncement a condition of being allowed to attend school there? I don't know. Hope someone out there can verify this for me.

I really wish I had been awake enough to catch where this story came from. It definitely adds to the eligibility argument.

2 comments:

Timeshare Jake said...

Good information. It's amazing that there are so many holes in Obama's story. What is it he has on the mainstream media that they won't investigate these holes. Not all of them can agree with him, can they?

Mike Church is now on XM. You should give him a listen.

blackandgoldfan said...

Sorry, don't get XM. I listen to Quinn and Rose on their flagship station out of Pittsburgh.

Evidently, there must be a quid pro quo between Obamarx and the mainstream media. They helped him get elected, he promises them every left-wing dream they've ever had. The only voice of impartiality I know of is Fox. But then again, they know what people WANT to listen to and fine-tune their programming accordingly. Let the free market reign!!! :-)