Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'm Done


As I sit here, news is that some Senate GOP members are about to cave to the Dems and let Obamascare go through. Couple that with the potential of Harry Reid attaching it as an amendment to a tax bill passed back in March, and it looks like a done deal. So much for the voice of the people.

My one mission today that will be carried out come hell or high water will be to change my voter registration from Republican to Libertarian. I've had it with the constant disregard by the GOP of my voice and opinion. While I will still remain conservative on certain social issues, I would rather vote for a third-party Libertarian nominee than to waste my vote on a Republican who is going to blow smoke up my posterior orifice in order to secure my vote.

I guess, in some ways, this was inevitable. I've held Libertarian views on many issues such as limited government, homeland security, and the responsibility of the individual. Abortion will always be an issue that I will go to my grave holding conservative views, though. From what I've learned, this is the one place the Libertarian Party and I will agree to disagree.

The confidence I once had in the GOP has now waned to the point where I just can't bear the thought of voting for a candidate who doesn't hold my views. McCain didn't get my vote back in November; Palin did. The GOP has given us moderates as candidates and sold the base down the river. Now they can suffer the consequences of their actions from me.

Should a Republican candidate come along that I can truly believe in, they'll get my vote. For now, I refuse to sell out my conscience for fear of wasting a vote. I've done that for far too long.

Michael Steele and all the other capitulating RINOs can kiss my (_|_)

12 comments:

Timeshare Jake said...

Welcome to the better side. Politics in DC have become a joke, and real gang bang. I guess you have seen it now.

blackandgoldfan said...

Hey BB! Hope you're feeling better. We miss you out here in the blogosphere!

I realized what you stated a while ago but kept holding out "hope" that things would "change" after the McCain debacle. They didn't, so I am.

Anonymous said...

Yep, the GOP have lost their will to live as a party, hence why I left it last year.

blackandgoldfan said...

Con Scal: This whole healthcare capitulation is the last straw for me. They want to be chummy and let the Dems stick it in, fine. The GOP will do it without my support.

Andrew33 said...

I posted this as a comment over at KOOK's. You are one of us now. Welcome to the club:
I glad to see more and more of you coming around to my point of view that the Repubs are just the moderate wing of the Dems and belong in the circular file of history. Every other time in our brief history, when both parties were the same, one party died and a new party emerged. The Donkeys and Elephants know this and have made a show of fighting each other for decades while really having the same agenda. Now is the time for a new pro-liberty party. If we could get 10 or 12 pro liberty candidates like Ron or Rand Paul into the House of Reps, and 2 or 3 into the Senate, they would be an extremely powerful force as nothing would pass without their support. Many Repubs would see the momentum shift towards them and move in that direction, while the rest would disappear. Most people who vote for Republicans really want libertarianism and don't even know it. Now they are figuring it out as people are paying much more attention to everything political. I see it every time I wear my 9/12 hat out and people want to talk about and how they are watching our political system for the first time.

The Rattler - III said...

Let them cave. It is better to know their heart now than after the 2010 election. They will bear the wrath that is to come so long as O doesn't declare Marshall... obama law to capitalize on some crisis that is sure to happen if he feels threatened. Congress controls spending. Regardless of what is passed (which I still hope is not) they have the power to cut funding thus eliminating earlier congressional actions. They are one third of equal power. The president is NOT king and is not above them. But we all have to work harder than ever before to elect patriots into office. From tarp to stimulus to bailouts to health care and cap and trade, if their name is next to it with a yes, THEY ARE DOMESTIC ENEMIES TO THE CONSTITUTION. And they are fools to think we will not remember.

blackandgoldfan said...

Andrew: I think a lot of people are still hoping that the GOP comes around before endorsing a third-party candidate. The fear of wasting a vote and helping the Dems is also very real. Well, I'm tired of waiting on Steele & Co. to come around and am no longer afraid to vote my conscience.

blackandgoldfan said...

The Rattler: Good to see ya!

I think the sleeping giant has awoken, and people will not forget. We're pissed and not going to take it anymore. I think 1.7 million people made that clear.

If this country had stayed on the path of adhering to the Constitution and not giving up our system of government based in Christian principles, we most likely would not be in this critical state as a country.

Amusing Bunni said...

Hi B & G: I agree with you! Republican's are just as stupid as dems...and if they cave and help these fascists pass all their crap, there will be a REAL uprising. I have a great new squirrel vid at the top right of my blog, and I guess you've been so busy, you haven't seen the current two great ones. Visit sometime and have a laugh. Bye Bunni

blackandgoldfan said...

I will, sweetie. Thanks!

Left Coast Rebel said...

Welcome to the fold....I've been a registered libertarian since 2005, it took me a long time too. A few years back I even would DONATE to the RNC, it boggles my mind how far down the toilet the party has gone. I agree with you on abortion too BTW, surprisingly so do a lot of libertarians....

blackandgoldfan said...

LCR: I'm honored to be in such good company. I can't honestly say that I'm not uneasy about this decision, but I'm sure this will pass. To me, it's kind of a leap of faith.