Monday, January 4, 2010

TRAPPED!!!


Today has been interesting. Anyone living north of Florida or Texas is most likely getting pounded from the first winter storm of 2010, and the excitement parents feel when Christmas vacation ends has been dampened by the extension of Christmas vacation by at least a day.

Here in the mountains of Pennsylvania, we've received almost two feet of snow--global warming my (_|_)--with more on the way. The bad part is that the cherubs at my house can't go out to play in it. Bone-chilling temps have made that much too dangerous.

Today has been spent refereeing fights and arguments between the two younger kids on my only day off until Thursday. Needing to go to the grocery store, I'm forced to make them French toast for supper because travel to the store would be hazardous. Thank Heaven I had the foresight to stop and get cigs on my way home from work last night.

To all of you who are in the same or worse position than I, I feel your pain. Now I understand Jack Nicholson's character in The Shining (minus the axe of course).

I'm praying that the storm will soon be over. Family togetherness is getting to all of us.

9 comments:

Timeshare Jake said...

I know how you feel about that letdown of the excitement.

blackandgoldfan said...

BB: I was soooo excited for today to come...until it came. lol

Amusing Bunni said...

I think the snow is heading this way!
It's SO COLD OUT HERE! I'm still freezing.
I hope things improve. At least when I get home, it's just me ;-)
THanks for your lovely birthday wishes and card!
You comment was the best one, I commented you back on there. BYe, Bunni

blackandgoldfan said...

Bunni: I figure things will improve with the weather long about June. lol

Stay warm, sweetie!!!

Fredd said...

Blackandgold: tough to go from winning the Super Bowl to chopped liver, huh?

Oh, well. Next year will be here before you know it, and Ben R. will be chucking TD's left and right.

Wish I could say the same about Jay Cutler and the Chicago Bears (sigh).

At least I can sympathize with you Steeler folk: Bears were 7-9 this year, Steelers were 9-7. Both are watching the playoffs on the couch.

The Conservative Lady said...

Sorry to hear you've been house-bound. Hope the weather clears up soon and you can get back to normal.

blackandgoldfan said...

Fredd: It really was disasppointing. Especially that little five-game losing streak.

Ben needs an offensive line that's going to give him the time to throw those TD's. Personally, I REALLY like Dennis Dixon. How I'd love to have Tomlin's job for one season...

blackandgoldfan said...

TCL: Not sure what normal is anymore. lol

I appreciate your kindness, though!

Fredd said...

Blackandgold: DENNIS DIXON: I know a little something something about Dennis D: he's an Oregon Duck (so am I), and when he was firing on all 8 cylinders in college two years ago, he could not be stopped. He could scamble to his left and throw a 70-yard bomb to a streaking receiver running down the RIGHT side line.

And if things broke down, the guy was like Devon Hester (in his heyday), a TD run every other carry.

Then he busted his knee, and there went U. of Oregon's national championship hopes, and Dennis Dixon's name faded from the public eye.

Then, with Ben's concussion, unknown Dennis D came in vs Baltimore and people noticed how dangerous he is. He almost won that game for Pittsburg, wouldn't you say, B&GFan? Give him a few more snaps, and I truly believe he could be the talk of the town.

Just tell Mike Tomlin that.