Now that we are officially in the beginnings of an election year, the Democrats are hyperventilating over abysmal poll numbers. Approval ratings for their beloved messiah have tanked, and many Democratic politicians are in danger of losing their jobs as the American people continue to voice their concerns over the slow encroachment of government into their personal lives.
In November, all seats of the House of Representatives and approximately half of the Senate seats are up for grabs. Pelosi, Reid, Specter, and many other Dems are going to spend the majority of their time until then interviewing for their jobs in the media, trying to convince Americans that they are best-suited for the position.
The question of the day for Americans who may be mulling over their political ideologies is simple. What's the worst that can happen if we elect a fiscally-conservative, constitutionally-savvy Congress? Let's see...
- The ultimate death of socialized medicine in this country
- Americans keeping more of their own money in the form of tax cuts or, possibly, tax cuts for businesses (large and small) that eventually help individuals prosper. Reagan and JFK were both supply-siders.
- A movement back to the ideals set forth in the Constitution by the Founding Fathers
- A push to secure this nation and its borders. Gee...we didn't hear of underwear bombers between 2001 and 2008. Wonder why?
- A sense of personal responsibility and personal liberty
- A government whose representatives remember just who is in charge. WE THE PEOPLE!
- Returning to a time when it wasn't politically incorrect to invoke the name of Jesus Christ or say that America is the greatest nation in the history of mankind
- A renewed respect for our fighting forces and the sacrifices they make
- A sense of charity among the private sector to care for the elderly, disabled, and needy. That is NOT the job of those in government.
- Blessing of this country from God. "Blessed is the Nation Whose God is the Lord." -- Psalm 33:12
Now that it's been pondered, I ask one last question: What's the worst that can happen?