Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Day to Remember

Friday, I had the pleasure of being a chaperon on Noah's field trip. It was a day filled with laughter, jokes, and talk. Much needed for both of us, it was a day where I had no distractions from him.

We went to (of all places) Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Cleveland Museum of Natural History. While we weren't expecting the bone-cutting wind coming off of Lake Erie, we were excited.

The Hall of Fame was wonderful. I talked to the kids I was in charge of about different displays we saw and how music was forever changed by those who graced the halls. Not wanting to dampen their spirits, I was tactful in my argument against ABBA being in the HOF before Rush and many other bands. Kids today....

We ate lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe on the waterfront, about a mile away from the HOF. We chaperons relived our favorite musical tastes (usually the 80's) at a table while the kids sat eating and texting the person in the next chair. The day went well.

The Cleveland Museum of Natural History was a necessity for the school district to allow the day as a field trip. Trust me. It's not the kind of museum like we have here in da 'burgh. Snoozefest best describes that part of the day.

The bus ride home was long and tiring. The kids on our bus were well-behaved despite the fact that they were buzzing along on soda and energy drinks. Getting back, Noah and I talked about our favorite parts of the day. We enjoyed rehashing memories of the trip. It's a day that will stay fresh in my mind for a long time.

I posted pics of our trip on my Facebook page. To view them, go to:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7928&id=100000747835881&l=e449b758a9

Thanks for the great day, Noah. I love you, pal.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time on the trip. I have never been to any museums in either Pittsburgh or Cleveland, and would love to visit some soon.

Have a great night :)