Here are the answers to yesterday's quiz about the 80's. How well did you do without googling?
- Mrs. Mikhail Gorbachev's name is Raisa.
- Upon having his schedule torn up, Jeff Spiccoli called Mr. Hand a "dick" in the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
- The very first video played on MTV on August 1, 1981, was "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles.
- Flashdance had every stylista in America wearing leg warmers and ripped sweatshirts.
- John Larroquette played the company commander in the movie Stripes, where he enjoyed watching the female recruits shower.
- "Valley Girl" was the biggest hit for Moon Unit Zappa.
- Clara Peller was the old lady who exclaimed "Where's the Beef?"
- Prince Charles married Lady Diana Frances Spencer on July 29, 1981.
- "A View to a Kill" by Duran Duran was the only James Bond theme to make it to the top of the charts.
- The American hostages had been held in Tehran for 444 days before being released on the day Ronald Reagan took office.
- A judge had to be appointed to the bench. Of all the judges on the list, Judge Harold T. Stone was the only one home to answer the phone, so he got the job.
- Pepsi pulled their sponsorship of Madonna's tour that year after an uproar over the imagery in her video for "Like a Prayer."
- Lech Walesa later became president of Poland in the 1990's.
- The U.S. boycotted the 1980 Moscow Olympics to protest the Russian invasion of Afghanistan.
- "Thriller" cost an estimated $1 million to make, while Madonna's "Express Yourself" reportedly cost $5 million to produce.
- The Japanese in the movie Gung Ho moved their Assan Motors plant to Hadleyville, PA.
- The matriarch of the Keaton clan was an architect by trade.
- John Hinckley, Jr. became obsessed with Jodie Foster after seeing her in Taxi Driver.
- Mike Eruzione captained the 1980 "Miracle on Ice" U.S. Hockey Team in their defeat of the USSR.
- Trick question. While Norm Peterson had a wife named Vera, Cliff Clavin never married.
15-20 correct: Aw, hell, it doesn't matter what you scored. I had a blast just trying to think of questions to share. Hope you enjoyed our little trip back in time!
Think I'll go see if my leg warmers still fit...