Big Government.com is now breaking the news that the game plan followed by the Dems to get socialized medicine passed was authored by a federal felon.
Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) has pushed for a public option within the healthcare debate. Now meet her husband, Robert Creamer.
Rep. Schakowsky’s husband, Robert Creamer, used to be the leader of Citizen Action/Illinois. He also founded its predecessor, Illinois Public Action, in which Ms. Schakowsky served as Program Director. He runs a political consulting firm, the Strategic Consulting Group, which lists ACORN and the SEIU among its clients and which made $541,000 working for disgraced former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich.
Creamer resigned from Citizen Action/Illinois after the FBI began investigating him for bank fraud and tax evasion at Illinois Public Action. He was convicted in 2006 and sentenced to five months in federal prison in Terre Haute, Indiana, plus eleven months of house arrest.
Now while Creamer was in prison, he wrote a book titled Listen to Your Mother: Stand Up Straight! How Progressives Can Win (Seven Locks Press, 2007). In it he outlines how to get socialized medicine rammed down the throats of the American people.
The ten points outlined by Creamer:
- “We must create a national consensus that health care is a right, not a commodity; and that government must guarantee that right.”
- “We must create a national consensus that the health care system is in crisis.”
- “Our messaging program over the next two years should focus heavily on reducing the credibility of the health insurance industry and focusing on the failure of private health insurance.”
- “We need to systematically forge relationships with large sectors of the business/employer community.”
- “We need to convince political leaders that they owe their elections, at least in part, to the groundswell of support of [sic] universal health care, and that they face political peril if they fail to deliver on universal health care in 2009.”
- “We need not agree in advance on the components of a plan, but we must foster a process that can ultimately yield consensus.”
- “Over the next two years, we must design and organize a massive national field program.”
- “We must focus especially on the mobilization of the labor movement and the faith community.”
- “We must systematically leverage the connections and resources of a massive array of institutions and organizations of all types.”
- “To be successful, we must put in place commitments for hundreds of millions of dollars to be used to finance paid communications and mobilization once the battle is joined.”
More on this story will be hitting the web soon. Please read the article at biggovernment.com. It speaks volumes.
Btw....Schlakowsky and Creamer were in attendance at the "crashed" State Dinner. Could it be another political quid pro quo?