Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Night Fluff: For My Daughter

My daughter, Cheyenne, just discovered this song. I loved it as a kid, and I find myself smiling as an adult.

It's hard to explaing streaking to her, but it reminds me of when she was a toddler.

When she was about 2, she was wearing training pants. I left her watching "The Wiggles" in the living room and went to do some kitchen work. Shortly thereafter, she walked in wearing nothing but a big, toothy grin. From head to toe, she looked like she was covered in chocolate pudding, only I hadn't given her any. It's a story I can't wait to tell her first boyfriend!


10 comments:

Timeshare Jake said...

Ray Stevens is fun.

Fredd said...

You mention the Wiggles: when I was a stay at home dad about 5 years ago for a time, my daughter was mesmerized by these four grown men doing goofy dittys down under.

I still don't get it, the daughter has now moved on to 'iCarly,' but these guys are still around, or so I hear.

And I still don't get it.

Anonymous said...

Talk about a flash from the past! Reminds me of the time back in 1974, when my navy pals and I got tanked up, and streaked a McDonalds in Norfolk VA. Thankfully the shore patrol was not in sight.

Amusing Bunni said...

That is a funny song, and a funny story!
I have something over my way I know you both will love! A cute video.

Ran said...

:-]

blackandgoldfan said...

BB: He sure is!

blackandgoldfan said...

Fredd: iCarly makes me soooo ill. That girl just irritates the feces right outta me. Rather watch a Hannah Montana marathon.

I haven't heard anything about The Wiggles lately. They had more nerve than I do. I couldn't do what they do and still keep my dignity.

blackandgoldfan said...

William: I want to see the tape! lol

blackandgoldfan said...

Bunni: Will hop over soon. It's 3 a.m. here and I just got home from work. Gotta be in at 10:30 a.m., so I'm gonna get some sleep. I'll pop in soon, though. *B&G hugs to my BOF*

The Conservative Lady said...

I remember that one. Ray Stevens has had some funny songs over the years and he's still going strong.