For a little fun on a Friday, I've decided to list some of the questions I've received from customers. While the questions will leave you scratching your head, they were asked in all seriousness by these people. Happy weekend, folks!
- Out on the floor working and wearing my name badge, MANY people ask "Do you work here?" I'd love to say, "No. I'm just an extra special customer, so they decided to give me one of these name tags."
- "If this belly ring (nose stud, etc.) doesn't look right, can I bring it back for a refund?"
- "I know this Wal Mart is open 24 hours, but what time does it close?"
- Standing at the jewelry counter (which is located directly across from shoes), a customer asked where they could find shoelaces.
- A woman asked to see a ring from the display case and asked what size it was. I replied, "All of our display rings in this case are size 7." Her question? "What about the one next to it?"
- "How much does your free ear piercing cost?"
- A customer asked if a certain piece of jewelry was white gold or stainless steel. I informed them that it was stainless steel. When asked how I knew, I pointed to the words "stainless steel" in the box.
- Minors are required to have a parent give permission for ear piercing. No exceptions. A young man wanted his done and was informed that he needed a parent. Grandma spoke up and said that she had guardianship of him. A co-worker of mine said that we needed proof of that to do the piercing. Grandma gets out her driver's license.
- Lastly, but certainly not least, is my favorite: "Bet you get some pretty dumb questions from people, don't ya?"